Pagina 1 van 4 1234 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 83 worden weergegeven.

Standaard Harry Potter spin-off: Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/corpc...wling_09.12.13

Rowling to Make Screenwriting Debut on “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” the First in a New Film Series Partnership Spans All Areas of Warner Bros.’ Harry Potter Businesses, Including Theme Parks, Digital Initiatives, Games and Visitor Attractions
    Plus Studio to Serve as Global International TV Distributor of J.K. Rowling’s Upcoming Adaptation of Her Book “The Casual Vacancy” for the BBC
    (September 12, 2013 – Burbank, CA and London, U.K.) – Warner Bros. Entertainment today announced an expanded creative partnership with world-renowned, best-selling author J.K. Rowling. At the center of the partnership is a new film series from Rowling’s world of witches and wizards, inspired by Harry Potter’s Hogwarts textbook “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” and the adventures of the book’s fictitious author, Newt Scamander. The announcement was made by Kevin Tsujihara, Chief Executive Officer, Warner Bros. Entertainment.
    “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” will be an original story and will mark Rowling’s screenwriting debut. It is planned as the first picture in a new film series. Set in the wizarding world, the story will feature magical creatures and characters, some of which will be familiar to devoted Harry Potter fans.
    “Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world,” said Rowling. “The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt’s story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry’s gets underway.” (Expanded Rowling quote at bottom of release.)
    “We are incredibly honored that Jo has chosen to partner with Warner Bros. on this exciting new exploration of the world of wizardry which has been tremendously successful across all of our businesses,” said Tsujihara. “She is an extraordinary writer, who ignited a reading revolution around the world, which then became an unprecedented film phenomenon. We know that audiences will be as excited as we are to see what her brilliant and boundless imagination conjures up for us.”
    In addition to the film series, “Fantastic Beasts” will also be developed across the Studio’s video game, consumer products and digital initiatives businesses, including enhanced links with Pottermore.com, Rowling’s digital online experience built around the Harry Potter stories.
    The Studio’s expanded partnership with Rowling also covers the continued expansion of its Harry Potter activities, including the wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme parks in conjunction with partner Universal Parks and Resorts (currently in Orlando, FL; opening in Hollywood, CA and Osaka, Japan), digital initiatives (including Pottermore), video games, consumer products and visitor attractions.
    In addition, Warner Bros. will serve as the worldwide TV distributor (excluding the U.K.) of J.K. Rowling’s upcoming television adaptation for the BBC of “The Casual Vacancy,” Rowling’s best-selling first novel aimed at adult audiences. This miniseries begins production in 2014.
    The relationship will be managed in London by Neil Blair of The Blair Partnership, Rowling’s literary agency, and Josh Berger, President & Managing Director, Warner Bros. U.K., Ireland and Spain, who will serve as Warner Bros.’ chief business contact for all J.K. Rowling initiatives going forward.
    Rowling’s expanded quote regarding “Fantastic Beasts” is below:
    “It all started when Warner Bros. came to me with the suggestion of turning ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ into a film. I thought it was a fun idea, but the idea of seeing Newt Scamander, the supposed author of ‘Fantastic Beasts,’ realized by another writer was difficult. Having lived for so long in my fictional universe, I feel very protective of it and I already knew a lot about Newt. As hard-core Harry Potter fans will know, I liked him so much that I even married his grandson, Rolf, to one of my favourite characters from the Harry Potter series, Luna Lovegood.
    As I considered Warners’ proposal, an idea took shape that I couldn’t dislodge. That is how I ended up pitching my own idea for a film to Warner Bros.
    Although it will be set in the worldwide community of witches and wizards where I was so happy for seventeen years, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ is neither a prequel nor a sequel to the Harry Potter series, but an extension of the wizarding world. The laws and customs of the hidden magical society will be familiar to anyone who has read the Harry Potter books or seen the films, but Newt’s story will start in New York, seventy years before Harry’s gets underway.
    I particularly want to thank Kevin Tsujihara of Warner Bros. for his support in this project, which would not have happened without him. I always said that I would only revisit the wizarding world if I had an idea that I was really excited about and this is it.”
    Notes to Editors:

• 1) J.K. Rowling is the author of the bestselling Harry Potter series of seven books, published between 1997 and 2007, which have sold over 450 million copies worldwide, are distributed in more than 200 territories, translated into 74 languages, and have been turned into eight blockbuster films. She has also written two small volumes, which appear as the titles of Harry’s schoolbooks within the novels. “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” and “Quidditch Through the Ages” were published by Bloomsbury Children’s Books in March 2001 in aid of Comic Relief. In December 2008, “The Tales of Beedle the Bard” was published in aid of the Children’s High Level Group (now known as Lumos), and quickly became the fastest-selling book of the year. In 2012, J.K. Rowling published her first book for adults, “The Casual Vacancy,” which has since been published in 44 languages. J.K. Rowling has also written “The Cuckoo's Calling” under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, which was published this year by Little, Brown. 2) Warner Bros.’ Harry Potter films have grossed more than $7.7 billion to date worldwide at the box office, making Harry Potter the largest-grossing film franchise in history. The Harry Potter franchise has also been successfully extended across the Studio’s television, home entertainment, consumer products, video game, digital initiatives and visitor attractions businesses.

Standaard

Best news ever. Als het verhaal goed zit en ze creëren een ideale sfeer die overeenkomt met de originele verhalen, dan juich ik het alleen maar toe.
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Standaard

Ben heel blij, maar ik verwacht helemaal niet dat het zo'n goede film wordt als de echte HP-reeks, lijkt me eerder raar om dat boekje in een film te zetten, maar met Potter ben ik opgegroeid, en kan niet wachten om het te zien. Ik hoop ook dat we ergens Hedwig's Theme horen, zou zalig zijn om dat terug in de cinema te horen

Standaard

Wel leuk,maar geen verassing.
    Harry potter is voor Warner een geldkraan geweest,en die kraan moet weer open.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door theThinWhiteDuke Bekijk bericht
    Ik hoop wel dat het verfrissend is.

Standaard

Waarom geen film over Voldemort zijn jeugd en ouders ?

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door jeroeni Bekijk bericht
    Ik hoop wel dat het verfrissend is.
    Uiteraard. Men moet echt een to-taal andere richting ingaan met deze film.
    Als men gewoon op dezelfde manier als de 8 Potter films opgaat wordt het echt niks.
    Nee, deze franchise kan een frisse wind zeer zeker gebruiken!!!!!

AllesOverFilm Forum Crew Avatar van Claudio Santulli
    Registratie datum
    May 2002

Standaard

Ben benieuwd!
    Creativity, it's all in the mind!
    So much to do, so little time...

LG OLED EVO 83G26LA, Denon AVC-X8500HA, OPPO UDP-203, Ziggo Next Mini x3, Logitech Harmony Elite, B&W FPM-series, Cambridge Audio WS30 (7.1.2), SVS SB3000, Xbox Series X, PS5 Spider-man L.E., Samsung Z Fold4, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

That's no moon, it's a spacestation!
    We're gonna need a bigger boat!
    www.electricdriver.eu

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door WaymannDirector Bekijk bericht
    Dat komt wanneer JK rowling daar een boek over schrijft denk ik.

Standaard

Als de leefwereld dan toch ietwat moet aansluiten op de Harry Potter franchise, vraag ik me af welke kant ze zullen opgaan. De toon van de eerste film en de laatste ligt mijlenver uit elkaar, iets wat mij persoonlijk lichtjes stoorde. Natuurlijk was Scorcerer's Stone meer kinds, terwijl het vanaf the Order of The Phoenix té serieus werd naar mijn gevoel. Goed gemaakt, daar niet van. Maar teveel teenage-drama, waarbij alle aandacht voor de magische elementen en fantasie-elementen toch wat verloren gingen. Azkaban, wat mij betreft het hoogtepunt uit de reeks, was wat dat betreft de meest evenwichtige aflevering. Goed geschreven, zonder downtalking naar de ietwat jongere kijkers toe, interessant voor alle oudere leeftijden op elk mogelijk vlak. En vooral, zonder al de fun uit de reeks te zuigen. Een gezonde mengeling van een iets meer volwassen verhaal en ook een magische beleving waarbij die fantasievolle wereld ten volle benut werd.

Enfin, ik hoop dus dat het minder op de laatste films uit de reeks gaat lijken en meer op Azkaban, gevolgd door Chamber of Secrets en Goblet of Fire.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Esteban Bekijk bericht
    Als de leefwereld dan toch ietwat moet aansluiten op de Harry Potter franchise, vraag ik me af welke kant ze zullen opgaan. De toon van de eerste film en de laatste ligt mijlenver uit elkaar, iets wat mij persoonlijk lichtjes stoorde. Natuurlijk was Scorcerer's Stone meer kinds, terwijl het vanaf the Order of The Phoenix té serieus werd naar mijn gevoel. Goed gemaakt, daar niet van. Maar teveel teenage-drama, waarbij alle aandacht voor de magische elementen en fantasie-elementen toch wat verloren gingen. Azkaban, wat mij betreft het hoogtepunt uit de reeks, was wat dat betreft de meest evenwichtige aflevering. Goed geschreven, zonder downtalking naar de ietwat jongere kijkers toe, interessant voor alle oudere leeftijden op elk mogelijk vlak. En vooral, zonder al de fun uit de reeks te zuigen. Een gezonde mengeling van een iets meer volwassen verhaal en ook een magische beleving waarbij die fantasievolle wereld ten volle benut werd.

Enfin, ik hoop dus dat het minder op de laatste films uit de reeks gaat lijken en meer op Azkaban, gevolgd door Chamber of Secrets en Goblet of Fire.
    In wezen gingen de films mee met de leeftijd van hun grootste doelgroep,en dat waren de kids.
    De rating werd logisch ook veel hoger,die laatste laat je aan een kind van 7 niet zien.

Persoonlijk heb ik wel vrede met de flow van de serie
    Het beste van Harry Potter is dat de kwaliteit van elke Potter hoog is.

Ik heb wel zin om de serie binnenkort weer eens te kijken.
    Laatst aangepast door jeroeni : 13-09-2013 om 09:05

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door WaymannDirector Bekijk bericht
    JK Rowling heeft al aangegeven geen verhalen meer te willen schrijven over het verhaal van Harry Potter, ze beschouwt deze als afgesloten.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door chesterkesvp Bekijk bericht
    JK Rowling heeft al aangegeven geen verhalen meer te willen schrijven over het verhaal van Harry Potter, ze beschouwt deze als afgesloten.
    Die verhalen zijn toch al geschreven ?

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door jeroeni Bekijk bericht
    In wezen gingen de films mee met de leeftijd van hun grootste doelgroep,en dat waren de kids.
    Dat is inderdaad het logische gevolg, maar dat was -wat mij betreft- geen reden om het magische plezier naar de achtergrond te duwen. Het evenwicht ontbrak. De cinematografie van de laatste 4 delen vond ik trouwens uitstekend. Minder knap dan Azkaban, maar toch een vermelding waard.

Standaard

Lijkt me eigenlijk best interessant. Voor degene die niet bekend zijn met Newton Scamander, de schrijver van het boek Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them. http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Newton_Scamander. In andere worden, we krijgen zo een beetje, mits het goed verfilmd is, de gehele "wereld" te zien. Wat eigenlijk onze wereld is omdat Harry potter zogenaamd Contemporary Fantasy is. Mat dat is een geheel andere discussie. Alleen het zal zeker 2-3 jaar duren voordat we deze film gezien hebben.

Standaard

David Yates (Regisseur van o.a. de laatste 4 Harry Potter delen) zou in onderhandeling zijn om deze film te gaan regisseren.
    Bron en volledig artikel kan je HIER vinden.

Standaard

Mooi, want de franchise was nog niet genoeg uitgemolken met 8 films.

Standaard

Zo, de non-Hairy Pooter boeken van J.K. Rowling verkopen toch beduidend minder dat ze haar dure levensstijl niet meer kan betalen?

Standaard

Ik kijk hier zelf wel naar uit. Vind de Harry Potter wereld een ontzettend boeiende wereld. En ze kunnen in dit universum nog veel verhaallijnen uitspinnen zonder in het vaarwater van de originele 8 boeken/films terecht te komen. Deze verhalen spelen zich al 70 jaar af voor de verhalen die we nu kennen. En ze zouden eventueel (naar mijn mening) ook nog een boeiende reeks films kunnen maken over de eerste opgang en ondergang van Voldemort en de eerste 'Order of the Phoenix'.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door R.ené Bekijk bericht
    Mooi, want de franchise was nog niet genoeg uitgemolken met 8 films.
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Pastichio Rocker Bekijk bericht
    Zo, de non-Hairy Pooter boeken van J.K. Rowling verkopen toch beduidend minder dat ze haar dure levensstijl niet meer kan betalen?

Ik sta er iig open voor.

Standaard

Zo. Vandaag is intussen bekend gemaakt dat David Yates definitief terugkeert als regisseur voor de (voorlopige) trilogie. Ook David Heyman (producer) en Stuart Craig (designer) zijn terug aan boord, en nu blijkt ook Steve Kloves (script-writer) zich bij het team gevoegd te hebben. In wat voor capaciteit die laatste terugkeert is momenteel niet bekend, daar Jo Rowling zélf het scenario voor de film aan het schrijven is.

Zij postte deze week al een kleine teaser op haar twitter:

"Newt (Scamander) only meant to stay in New York for a few hours. Circumstances ensured that he remained... for the length of a movie, anyway. X"

Als die-hard Potterfan kan ik alleen maar zeggen: roll on November 2016!

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Standaard

Ben er ook blij mee, al weet ik niet wat ik moet verwachten, heb wel het boekje gelezen, en ik weet waarover de film gaat, maar het gaat raar zijn om een film te zien in de toverwereld zonder Potter. Komt wel goed, heb er vertrouwen in!

Ik zou trouwens héél graag een film zien over de eerste tovenaarsoorlog (met ouders van Potter enzovoort, dus de eerste orde van de feniks) en ook een film over de 4 stichters van zweinstein, lijkt me interessant, al zouden velen dit uitmelkerij noemen.

Standaard

It’s Official: Eddie Redmayne to Lead Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them!

It’s official! Academy Award-winning actor Eddie Redmayne has been cast as Newt Scamander in Warner Bros. Pictures’ much-anticipated wizarding world adventure Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

“Eddie Redmayne has emerged as one of today’s most extraordinarily talented and acclaimed actors,” says Silverman. “We are thrilled to welcome him into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where we know he will deliver a remarkable performance as Newt Scamander, the central character in ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.'”

Redmayne will play J.K. Rowling’s creation, Newt Scamander, the Wizarding World’s preeminent magizoologist, who in his travels has encountered and documented a myriad of magical creatures, ultimately leading to his penning the Hogwarts School textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
    Making her screenwriting debut on the film, Rowling has developed the character of Scamander and his primer — taken from her globally beloved Harry Potter series — to further explore the unique wizarding world she has crafted in print and bring it to life on screen.
    David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter films, is helming the new film.
    “Eddie is a fearless actor, brimming with invention, wit and humanity,” he says. “I couldn’t be more excited about the prospect of working with him as we start this new adventure in J.K. Rowling’s wonderful world, and I know she feels the same way.”

The film is being produced by David Heyman, producer of all eight of the blockbuster Harry Potter features; J.K. Rowling; Steve Kloves, who scripted all but one of the Harry Potter films; and Lionel Wigram, who served as an executive producer on the last four installments of the franchise.

Eddie Redmayne won an Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in the 2014 biopicThe Theory of Everything. His portrayal of Stephen Hawking in that film also brought him Screen Actors Guild, BAFTA and Golden Globe Awards. In 2012, Redmayne starred as Marius in Tom Hooper’s screen adaptation of the hit musical Les Misérables, with Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried. In 2010, Redmayne won a Tony Award for his performance in “Red,” which marked his Broadway debut. On screen, he next stars in Hooper’s true-life drama The Danish Girl, due out this November.

Warner Bros. Pictures has slated Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them for worldwide release in 3D and IMAX on November 18, 2016.
    Bron: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...e-to-find-them

Standaard

Casting nieuws:

He’s currently on our TV screens being the moody, troubled cop type in True Detective, but Colin Farrell is looking for something a little more magical for a future job. He’s joined the cast of Warner Bros.’ Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them.
    The Harry Potter spin-off, scripted by J.K. Rowling herself from her short tome, and set to be directed by Potter film veteran David Yates, is set decades before Harry, Hermione, Ron and the rest crossed the threshold of Hogwarts. Our hero here is magizoologist Newt Scamander (Redmayne), who is on a mission to document the creatures filling the wizarding world. On a trip to New York, he meets several characters, including a wizard named Graves, played by Farrell.
    Fantastic Beasts’ cast already includes Katherine Waterston, Ezra Miller, Dan Fogler and Alison Sudol, and Yates is filling the various other roles ready for shooting this year and early next ahead of a November 18, 2016 release.

Pagina 1 van 4 1234 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten