De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 25 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: George Lucas

Standaard George Lucas

De regisseur die vele grenzen verlegde op gebied van techniek (THX, ILM, Skywalker Sound, LucasArts) en de drie beste films ooit maakte (als regisseur, producent en schrijver): George Lucas

Filmografie:
    1. Red Tails (2008) (announced) (executive producer)
    2. "Untitled Star Wars TV Series" (2009) TV series (pre-production) (executive producer)
    3. "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" (2008) TV series (filming) (executive producer)
    4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (post-production) (executive producer)
    5. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008) (VG) (post-production) (producer)
    6. "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones Documentaries" (2007) TV series (executive producer) (2007)
    7. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) (executive producer)
      ... aka Revenge of the Sith (USA: short title)
      ... aka Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith (USA: DVD box title)
      ... aka Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith (USA: promotional title)
    8. Treasure of the Hidden Planet (2004) (V) (executive producer)
    9. "Star Wars: Clone Wars" (2003) TV series (executive producer) (unknown episodes)
    10. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) (executive producer)
      ... aka Attack of the Clones (USA: short title)
      ... aka Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience (USA: IMAX version (promotional title))
      ... aka Star Wars II (USA: promotional abbreviation)
      ... aka Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones (USA: video box title)
    11. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) (executive producer)
      ... aka Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace (USA: video box title)
      ... aka The Phantom Menace (USA: short title)
    12. The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: The Trenches of Hell (1999) (V) (executive producer)
    13. The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Spring Break Adventure (1999) (V) (executive producer)
    14. The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Masks of Evil (1999) (V) (executive producer)
    15. The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Adventures in the Secret Service (1999) (V) (executive producer)
    16. The Pirates and the Prince (1997) (V) (executive producer)
      ... aka Star Wars Animated Adventures: Droids (USA: DVD box title)
    17. Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (1995) (TV) (executive producer)
    18. Young Indiana Jones and the Attack of the Hawkmen (1995) (TV) (executive producer)
    19. Radioland Murders (1994) (executive producer)
    20. Young Indiana Jones and the Hollywood Follies (1994) (TV) (executive producer)
    21. "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" (executive producer) (28 episodes, 1992-1993)
      - Vienna, November 1908 (1993) TV episode (executive producer)
      - Transylvania, January 1918 (1993) TV episode (executive producer)
      - Palestine, October 1917 (1993) TV episode (executive producer)
      - Prague, August 1917 (1993) TV episode (executive producer)
      - Florence, May 1908 (1993) TV episode (executive producer)
      (23 more)
    22. The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Daredevils of the Desert (1992) (V) (executive producer)
    23. Wow! (1990) (V) (executive producer)
    24. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) (executive producer)
    25. The Land Before Time (1988) (executive producer)
    26. Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988) (executive producer)
    27. Willow (1988) (executive producer)
    28. Powaqqatsi (1988) (executive producer)
      ... aka Powwaqatsi: Life in Transformation (USA: poster title)
    29. Star Tours (1987) (executive producer)
    30. Captain EO (1986) (executive producer)
    31. Howard the Duck (1986) (executive producer)
      ... aka Howard: A New Breed of Hero (UK)
    32. Labyrinth (1986) (executive producer)
    33. Inside the Labyrinth (1986) (TV) (executive producer)
    34. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (1985) (TV) (executive producer)
    35. Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (1985) (executive producer)
      ... aka Mishima (USA: short title)
    36. Latino (1985) (executive producer) (uncredited)
    37. "Droids" (1985) TV series (executive producer) (unknown episodes)
      ... aka Droids: The Adventures of R2D2 and C3PO
      ... aka Star Wars: Droids
    38. "Ewoks" (1985) TV series (executive producer) (unknown episodes)
      ... aka Ewoks & Droids Adventure Hour (USA: new title)
      ... aka Star Wars: Ewoks
      ... aka The All New Ewoks (USA: new title)
    39. The Ewok Adventure (1984) (TV) (executive producer)
      ... aka Caravan of Courage
      ... aka Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (UK: theatrical title)
    40. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) (executive producer)
    41. Twice Upon a Time (1983) (executive producer)
    42. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) (executive producer)
      ... aka Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi (USA: video box title)
    43. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) (executive producer)
      ... aka Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (USA: video title)
    44. Body Heat (1981) (executive producer) (uncredited)
    45. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (executive producer)
      ... aka Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (USA: video box title)
      ... aka The Empire Strikes Back (USA: short title)
    46. Kagemusha (1980) (executive producer: international version)
      ... aka Kagemusha (The Shadow Warrior)
      ... aka Kagemusha the Shadow Warrior
      ... aka Shadow Warrior
      ... aka The Double
    47. More American Graffiti (1979) (executive producer)
      ... aka Purple Haze
    48. Star Wars (1977) (executive producer)
      ... aka Guerra de las estrellas, La (USA: Spanish title)
      ... aka Star Wars IV: A New Hope (USA: video box title)
      ... aka Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (USA: reissue title (new title))
    49. The Rain People (1969) (associate producer)
    http://www.lucasfilm.com/
    http://www.ilm.com/
    http://www.lucasarts.com/
    http://www.skysound.com/
    http://www.thx.com/

Standaard

THX is een toffe creatie. Verder heb ik weinig tot niets met het Star Wars gebeuren dat hij dacht niet eens allemaal zelf heeft geregisseerd.

Standaard

De originele Star Wars is nog steeds onovertroffen op het vlak van sci-fi meets fantasy. Waarom deze trilogie zo interessant is? Het laat de toekomst na de toekomst zien. We hebben van de toekomst immers het beeld van glimmende, vliegende auto's, flikkerende displays met nutteloze informatie en dat soort onzin. Als je dan nog enkele jaren verderkijkt, en al die glimdingen liggen ondertussen op de schroothoop, hoe ziet de wereld er dan uit? Dat is precies de sfeer die Star Wars uitademt die het voor mij een haast magnetische aantrekkingskracht geeft.
    En nee inderdaad, The Empire Strikes Back en Return of the Jedi heeft Lucas niet zelf geregisseerd, maar hij was zo nauw betrokken bij het productieproces als schrijver en producer dat de regisseurs zelf nog maar weinig in de pap te brokken hadden
    Spleen, door Godfried Bomans
    Ik zit mij voor het vensterglas onnoem'lijk te vervelen. Ik wou dat ik twee hondjes was. Dan kon ik samen spelen.
    Mijn blog met filmbesprekingen
    Mercapto ergo sum - Ik zeik, dus ik ben...

Standaard

Nou, Irvin Kershner (van Empire) heeft hij genoeg vrijheid gegeven, volgens mij. Maar die vertrouwde Lucas dan ook. Richard Marquand (Jedi) werkte niet echt lekker met de cast samen, dus daar moest hij alsnog vaak op de set aanwezig zijn (elke dag, volgens sommigen).
    Van mij mag Lucas nu wel weer eens een totaal andere film gaan maken. Star Wars is nu afgerond, en van de series is hij alleen producent.
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

Standaard

Yep, een goeie succesformule moet je vooral ook kunnen loslaten.
    Spleen, door Godfried Bomans
    Ik zit mij voor het vensterglas onnoem'lijk te vervelen. Ik wou dat ik twee hondjes was. Dan kon ik samen spelen.
    Mijn blog met filmbesprekingen
    Mercapto ergo sum - Ik zeik, dus ik ben...

Standaard

Een van de beste filmmakers imo. Ben erg benieuwt naar de twee nieuwe Star Wars televisie series.
    "The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." - Harvey Dent

Standaard

Walgelijke man. Sinds 1977 was mijn wereld niet meer plat, klopte onze maan niet meer (veel te weinig toch?) en heb ik nog steeds last van afkickverschijnselen als ik niet af en toe Star Wars ga kijken...
    Hoe duur je set ook is, zonder een goede film is het niets waard....

Standaard

Ik vind hem geen goeie regisseur, maar wel iemand die goed is in het verzinnen van verhalen (= NIET de scenario's schrijven, zijn dialogen zijn verschrikkelijk) en een goeie producent.
    Het beste aan George Lucas vind ik zijn drift om onafhankelijk te zijn en los van het Hollywoodsysteem te staan (vind ik gewoon zeer bewonderigenswaardig) en het feit dat de man zeer veel van zijn verdiende geld terug in de filmwereld heeft gestoken door te investeren in onderzoek naar nieuwe technologiën, en daarmee zeer veel voor de industrie heeft gedaan. Zo heeft hij niet alleen ILM opgericht, maar stond hij ook aan de voet van de allereerste digitale montagesystemen, waardoor wij op lange termijn allemaal kunnen monteren op onze desktop, en stond hij ook aan de voet van de 24p HD camera's van Sony om films digitaal op te nemen.

Standaard

Heb amper films gezien van hem, zelfs Star Wars nog nooit

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door BrianB Bekijk bericht
    Nou, Irvin Kershner (van Empire) heeft hij genoeg vrijheid gegeven, volgens mij. Maar die vertrouwde Lucas dan ook. Richard Marquand (Jedi) werkte niet echt lekker met de cast samen, dus daar moest hij alsnog vaak op de set aanwezig zijn (elke dag, volgens sommigen).
    Van mij mag Lucas nu wel weer eens een totaal andere film gaan maken. Star Wars is nu afgerond, en van de series is hij alleen producent.
    Met Kershner was hij niet altijd even tevreden.
    Zo vond hij het verschrikkelijk dat Kershner in ESB Darth Vader (in sommige scenes) zijn lightsaber maar met één hand ipv twee vasthield om te vechten.

Mbt Marquand:
    Ik heb diverse acteurs hiernaar gevraagd; over hun ervaringen hoe het was. Hieronder zomaar drie verhalen. Oordeel zelf.

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Toby Philpott (Jabba the Hutt)
    I just imagine it to have sometimes felt uncomfortable for Richard Marquand to get put in the role of director – with George still hovering around – but assuming George delegated properly then perhaps his presence proved helpful and supportive. I have heard speculation about the situation, but have no new insights or stories to offer in clarification.
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Gerald Home (Tessek & Mon Calamari)
    George Lucas wasn't on the Jabba sets much, nor in the Rebel briefing scenes, and when he was, he was very quiet. Richard Marquand was very organized and got what he wanted in a calm way. David Tomblin, the First Assistant Director, was a very important element in every film he worked on: in fact he made Richard M's life a lot easier because he always knew what Richard wanted before Richard knew himself. If any shouting was done on set, it was David Tomblin who did it.

If you look at my two call sheets, one is white and the other is lemon. A lemon call sheet means Second Unit. I'm sure you know, such scenes are usually directed by an assistant. Well, these second unit scenes with Ackbar and the Mon Calamari, on the bridge, were directed by George Lucas himself.
    Why? Because a lot of them were blue screen and only one person in the world knew what would eventually be in these screens, and that was George Lucas, so it made sense for him to direct them. But he did so in a very quiet way, not really giving much direction, just a few suggestions. Not many people know he directed those Battle of Endor blue screen scenes; you'll get confirmation of what I say in the 1983 book The Making of Return of the Jedi.
    Lucas heeft dus het eea geregisseerd in ROTJ

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Tim Rose (Salacious Crumb, Admiral Ackbar, Sy Snootles)
    Richard was a very patient director. You had to be, with so many special effects to incorporate into each shot. He was from the "Old School" of British directors. They ran things like a military campaign. There was only one man in charge and his word was God. Not like today where the director has three producers and five accountants continually trying to knock him off the pedestal.
    Richard had a wonderful dry sense of humor. When egos bloated or tempers flared, Richard would have a comment to slice though the problem and get us all marching in the same direction again.
    George Lucas is a very quiet man. You have to strain just to hear what he is saying to you sometimes. He came from the world of the editing suite where there aren't many people around for days on end. You always felt as if he found it painful to be out in public. Having said that, he didn't need to make much noise. By the time we were doing Jedi, his reputation came into the room ahead of him. You always knew when George was on set even if you hadn't seen him yet. There was a subtle shift in the vibe on the floor. He ran the production like an editor would. He took ideas and suggestions from everybody and then used his editors’ eye to know which bits to keep and which bits to throw on the floor.
    Laatst aangepast door theThinWhiteDuke : 01-02-2008 om 17:16

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Dennoman Bekijk bericht
    De originele Star Wars is nog steeds onovertroffen op het vlak van sci-fi meets fantasy. Waarom deze trilogie zo interessant is? Het laat de toekomst na de toekomst zien.
    Toekomst?

Standaard

"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Greetz, the Dude / Four-Star SafeTrader
    Last.fm | Filmlijst en -recensies | DVD Profiler

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door theThinWhiteDuke Bekijk bericht
    Met Kershner was hij niet altijd even tevreden.
    Zo vond hij het verschrikkelijk dat Kershner in ESB Darth Vader (in sommige scenes) zijn lightsaber maar met één hand ipv twee vasthield om te vechten.

Mbt Marquand:
    Ik heb diverse acteurs hiernaar gevraagd; over hun ervaringen hoe het was. Hieronder zomaar drie verhalen. Oordeel zelf.

Lucas heeft dus het eea geregisseerd in ROTJ

Dat Lucas wel het een en ander geregisseerd heeft was bekend, dacht ik. Het aparte vind ik wel dat de suggestie vaak gewekt wordt dat Lucas en de First Assistant Director (David Tomblin dus) ROTJ geregisseerd hebben, in plaats van Marquand. De pech is natuurlijk dat je het hem niet meer kan vragen.

Dat van Empire wist ik niet, wel grappig om te lezen. Zijn er nog meer van die voorbeelden? Daar hoor je ze nooit meer over.
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

Standaard

Voor iedereen die GL ervan beschuldigd van op cash belust te zijn:

Lucas Pledges Half Of Fortune To Charity

George Lucas is among a group of billionaires pledging to give half of their vast fortunes to charity through the Bill Gates and Warren Buffett movement called The Giving Pledge.

Here's a bit from the Wall Street Journal:

'Billionaire Oracle Corp. founder Larry Ellison will join film director George Lucas and 38 other mega-wealthy people in following a call by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates to pledge to give the majority of their riches to charity.

On Wednesday, Mr. Buffett announced that 40 of America's wealthiest individuals and families, from former Citigroup Inc. leader Sandy Weill to hotel mogul Barron Hilton, have signed the "Giving Pledge."

Mr. Buffett and Mr. Gates in June had asked the individuals and families to publicly commit to give away at least half of their wealth within their lifetimes or after their deaths.

The pledge stemmed from a series of dinners the two men held for the nation's billionaires over the past year to discuss the effects of the recession on philanthropy.

The push by Mr. Buffett and Mr. and Ms. Gates is publicizing what had been a private matter for many wealthy people. Many of those who joined the pledge already had intended to give away much of their [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]money[/COLOR][/COLOR].

The effort comes during the second consecutive year in which philanthropy experienced its deepest decline ever recorded by the Giving USA Foundation, which has tracked annual giving since 1956."

The Giving Pledge website features information on participants of the program including the following letter from George Lucas:

"Storytellers are teachers and communicators who speak a universal language. That was Homer’s primary role, and both Plato and Aristotle used narratives and dialogues as a means of educating. Good storytelling is based on truths and insights, and a good storyteller is ultimately a teacher – using the arts as a means of making education emotionally meaningful. These are all tools at our educational system’s disposal, but too often we aren’t making use of them.

When I was in high school, I felt like I was in a vacuum, biding time. I was curious, but bored. It was not an atmosphere conducive to learning. I was fortunate that I found my path and my language.

It’s scary to think of our education system as little better than an assembly line with producing diplomas as its only goal. Once I had the means to effect change in this arena, it became my passion to do so – to promote active, [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]life[/COLOR][/COLOR]-long learning. I believe in the artisan school of learning, through apprenticeships and Aristotelian questions and discussion. This level of engagement dates back to the beginning of human life, but it’s still the best way of doing things. There have to be universal standards – particularly in education – and while it seems unwieldy, there is a willingness among educators to share their best practices.

Ultimately, that is why I created Edutopia and the George Lucas Educational Foundation.

The focus of GLEF has been to share educational innovations – cooperative and project learning, mentorship, parental involvement, and technological advances. This all comes straight from those on the front lines, from teachers who are putting these methods into practice. We are the facilitators. Our goal has been to showcase bold successes and inspire others to further increase the appetite for education. Our hope is that administrators, teachers, and parents will see the power of these collective efforts and join the fight for wider reforms.

But reform is just the beginning. We need to build new foundations, fostering independent thought and a desire to keep learning. Our students need to come away with more than just survival skills, and more than just what is required to complete the program. We need to promote critical thinking and emotional intelligence. We need to focus on building an education system that promotes different types of learning, different types of development, and different types of assessment. We have an opportunity and an obligation to prepare our children for the real world, for dealing with others in practical, project-based environments. It’s about working together and building character – being compassionate, empathetic, and civil as a means to a greater end.

As technology changes, so do students. So should classrooms, and so should our methods of teaching. In a few short years, connectivity has gone from a technological novelty to a daily necessity. It’s how our culture communicates, and our children are at the forefront of its use. Understanding those tools – and how to integrate them into learning – is an integral step in defining our future.

My pledge is to the process; as long as I have the resources at my disposal, I will seek to raise the bar for future generations of students of all ages.

I am dedicating the majority of my wealth to improving education. It is the key to the survival of the human race. We have to plan for our collective future – and the first step begins with the social, emotional, and intellectual tools we provide to our children. As humans, our greatest tool for survival is our ability to think and to adapt – as educators, storytellers, and communicators our responsibility is to continue to do so.

George Lucas"

A scan of the letter can be seen at the Giving Pledge site as well.

And finally, here is a bit more on the project via The Washington Post:

Standaard

Wist hier al van en vind het heel goed initiatief
    Hoe duur je set ook is, zonder een goede film is het niets waard....

Standaard

Als 'ie de originele versies van de oude trilogie op Blu-ray uitbrengt, heeft hij het geld zo weer terugverdiend . Wel een goed initiatief, uiteraard. Wat je ook van Lucas zelf vindt, dit kun je onmogelijk als iets slechts zien.

Standaard

George Lucas gaat met pensioen

Jarenlang heeft George Lucas gespeeld met het idee om kleine films te maken, zoals hij deed vlak voordat Star Wars hem in één klap wereldberoemd maakte. Dat werd 'm dus niet, en de afgelopen dertien jaar heeft de regisseur, producent en schrijver zoveel kritiek gehad op zijn films (denk aan de Star Wars prequels) dat hij het goed geweest vindt.

Zodra Red Tails uitkomt, de film die hij produceerde, stopt hij ermee. In een lang profiel in de New York Times doet hij uit de doeken dat hij er geen zin meer in heeft.

I’m retiring… I’m moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff, aldus Lucas.

Producent Rick McCallum, die jaren samengewerkt heeft met Lucas vertelde het volgende: Once [Red Tails] is finished, he’s done everything he’s ever wanted to do… He will have completed his task as a man and a filmmaker.

In hetzelfde artikel blijkt dat Lucas grote plannen had met Red Tails. Er zouden drie films gemaakt moeten worden, waarbij het eerste deel zich afspeelt tijdens de training in de VS, het tweede in Europa en het derde deel weer in de VS, waar blijkt dat de moeite van de piloten niets heeft veranderd. Lucas kan die films echter niet meer maken. In plaats daarvan wil hij wellicht Spike Lee of Lee Daniels aan te stellen als regisseurs.

Het profiel dat geschetst wordt door de New York Times is er vooral een waaruit blijkt dat Lucas echt moeite had met alle kritiek die hij kreeg op de Star Wars special editions en prequels. Daarnaast drukt hij in het profiel zijn ongeloof uit over het feit dat de studios Red Tails niet wilden uitbrengen. Dat is uiteindelijk met Fox geregeld, maar Lucas draait voor de kosten op.

Zodra Red Tails dus in de bioscopen draait, valt het doek voor een filmmaker die de science fiction wereld op z'n kop zette.

Bron : Filmtotaal.nl

Standaard

maak indy 5 nog !!!

Hope is lost. Faith is broken. A fire will rise..

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door RobinB Bekijk bericht
    maak indy 5 nog !!!
    http://theforce.net/topstory/story/G...ire_143109.asp
    Voor Indy 5 maakt hij een uitzondering.

Standaard

Ik las het bericht gisteren ook, ik voelde wel een iets van teleurstelling. Ben zelf een enorme SW fan van de films dan, niet zo van al die toestand erom heen, de boeken verhalen enz die voortbreien op de star wars saga
    Ik vond de originele trilogy altijd de beste, de special editions waren in mijn ogen verbeteringen m.u.v. Catina shoot out tussen Han en Greedo.
    Maar dan steeds z´n aanpassingen die hij deed, van video op dvd release en weer op blue ray release. Deze dingen waren jammer en hadden niet gehoeven.
    Prequel trilogy, delete Jar Jar Binks, geen midi chlorians, misschien meer het oog op hoe de emperor de macht krijgt, grijpt en nog meer manipulatie van Palpatines zijde ten opzichte van de republic en Anakin

Weet iemand of de 3D releases van alle SW films nu nog wel doorgaan
    Deze zou ik graag zien in 3D

En wat Indy 5 betreft, heeft Lucas zijn goddelijk item dan al, waarna Indy op zoek moet gaan,
    Snakes, why did I have to Snakes

Standaard

Wat ik nog het meest bewonder is Lucas' dikke huid. Er zijn weinig filmmakers die zo'n stroom aan keiharde kritiek en regelrechte beledigingen hebben moeten verduren, veelal van "hardcore fans" nota bene (al is "religieuze fanaten" soms een beter woord). Hele internetrubrieken lijken alleen maar in het leven geroepen om de special editions en prequels van Star Wars te kunnen afzeiken.

En hij heeft zich daar nooit over uitgelaten en zich er niks van aangetrokken. Het is zíjn visie, zijn films, die er überhaupt nooit gekomen waren als hij naar iedereen geluisterd had. De artiest hoeft zich niet te verantwoorden voor wat het publiek ervan vindt. Sterker nog, waarom blijven fans die het hardst klagen toch steeds maar weer kijken en nieuwe uitgaves kopen als ze het zo slecht vinden?

Ik krijg bijna het idee dat hij bewust die Special Editions bleef aanpassen om de grootste zeikerds, die de films zo'n beetje als publiekseigendom hadden geclaimd, maar flink pissig te krijgen.

Het blijft een prachtig universum wat deze man geschapen heeft. Ik vind de originele trilogie ook de beste, maar kijk de prequels met evenveel plezier en ook de Clone Wars series vind ik goed te pruimen. Jammer dus dat de kritiek nu toch eindelijk vat op hem begint te krijgen. Maar misschien is de koek na al die jaren ook echt een keer op.
    Mom? If you were in a German Scheiße movie, you'd... you'd tell me, right? - Eric Cartman
    You are entering a world of pain, my friend - Walter Sobchak

Standaard

Heb nog niet gemerkt dat de kritiek vat op hem begint te krijgen. Ik verwacht van de man :
    - bluray uitgave van originele cinema-versies van de oorspronkelijke trilogie
    - verontschuldigingen voor de prequels en de verminkingen van Star Wars en Return of the Jedi. (met de aanpassingen aan Empire kon ik nog leven)
    Helaas zie ik dit niet gebeuren voor zijn overlijden.

Standaard

Lars von Trier zei het ooit al eens treffend:
    "I think it's a very strange question that I have to excuse myself [for writing and directing Antichrist]. I don't feel that. You are all my guests, it's not the other way around."

Excuses zie ik ná Lucas' zijn overlijden ook niet gebeuren, trouwens. Al vind ik wel dat hij de originele trilogie gewoon op BluRay moet uitbrengen. Niet voor mezelf, maar voor al die fans die er zo aan gehecht zijn.
    Mom? If you were in a German Scheiße movie, you'd... you'd tell me, right? - Eric Cartman
    You are entering a world of pain, my friend - Walter Sobchak

Standaard

George Lucas gaat weg bij LucasFilm

Sinds George Lucas zijn Star Wars prequel trilogie heeft afgerond roept de filmmaker dat hij zich weer wil gaan bezighouden met kleine, experimentele films zoals zijn studentenfilms en THX 1138. Tot nog toe kwam hier nog helemaal niets van terecht.

Nu lijkt Lucas weer een stapje dichterbij zijn doel. Tegenover Empire Magazine heeft hij namelijk aangegeven dat hij afstand zal gaan nemen van zijn bedrijf LucasFilm om zich inderdaad op kleinere projecten te gaan richten. Hij zei het volgende:

I’m moving away from the company, I’m moving away from all my businesses, I’m finishing all my obligations and I’m going to retire to my garage with my saw and hammer and build hobby movies. I’ve always wanted to make movies that were more experimental in nature, and not have to worry about them showing in movie theatres.

In januari kondigde Lucas zijn pensioen nog aan. Dit leidde nog tot niets concreets. Het is dus maar de vraag met hoeveel vaatjes zout we deze uitspraken moeten nemen.

Bron : Filmtotaal.nl

Standaard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4TnKjtVd-k

George Lucas revealed a few more details about why and how he came to bring his Lucas Museum of Narrative Art to Chicago — and what it's going to look like.
    “It's going to be organic architecture. Connected to the ground, and it will look like a living thing,” said Mr. Lucas, who now lives in Chicago, during a Chicago Ideas Week discussion today with famed interviewer Charlie Rose.
    Mr. Rose asked, “Is it going to be 'Star Wars' like? Will it have a spacy look?"
    “It's not a square box," Mr. Lucas said. "It's going to conform to the land. I think organic architecture is the wave of the future.”
    He noted that the museum, which is set to open in 2018, is the most important part of his life right now, second only to his 1-year-old daughter.
    He also revealed what we all really knew — that his wife, Ariel Investments President Mellody Hobson, had a lot to do with bringing the museum to Chicago.
    After four years of San Francisco “doodling around,” Mr. Lucas said his wife had heard enough. “She said, I'll talk to (Mayor Rahm Emanuel). I'm sure he'll love it."
    And he did, said Mr. Lucas. “It's going to put a stake in the ground for this kind of art" — referring to narrative art — "art that tells a story. It's art that glues a society together."
    A collector since he was in college, Mr. Lucas said, “I realized that illustrative art and narrative art has been short-shrifted. Critics weren't dealing with narrative art. They were interested in modern. Modern was everything,” he said, noting that smaller museums featuring Norman Rockwell and Andrew Wyeth are the exception.
    The Lucas museum also will include art related to films and the digital world.
    “I saw Chicago as a regional film center. Harold Ramis and John Hughes were here. Oprah. There's a film industry,” he said. “Just because a film is distributed by Hollywood doesn't mean it's a Hollywood film.”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vacSFe7DhC8

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten