Pagina 1 van 4 1234 LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 81 worden weergegeven.

Standaard G.I. Joe - The Rise of Cobra

Stephen Sommers Directing G.I. Joe?

IESB.net says that The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and Van Helsing helmer Stephen Sommers has signed to direct the live-action G.I. Joe for Paramount Pictures and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers).

To read Hasbro's 40 year G.I. Joe history, click here.
    Laatst aangepast door Cinemaniac : 03-02-2009 om 16:39
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Stephen Sommers Confirmed for G.I. Joe

Paramount Pictures has confirmed that Stephen Sommers (Van Helsing, The Mummy Returns, The Mummy) will direct G.I. Joe, the live-action feature based on Hasbro's line of action figures.

IESB.net, meanwhile, says the studio has also hired Stuart Beattie (30 Days of Night, Collateral, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl) to write the new script.

A February production start is planned for a summer 2009 release.

Variety says the accelerated production schedule began right after Sommers pitched his version of the film to Paramount chairman-CEO Brad Grey and production president Brad Weston on Wednesday evening. He was hired in the room.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura will produce with Hasbro chief operating officer Brian Goldner. Sommers and his Sommers Co. partner Bob Ducsay will also be involved as producers.

Hasbro's Goldner said that the mythology of G.I Joe was fleshed out during the 1980s through 155 issues of Marvel Comics, as well as an animated TV series. There are about 30 core characters, good and evil, that can be exploited in films.

"Marrying Steve's vision with 25 years of this brand mythology feels like a great way to go forward," Goldner said.

"Our vision (for 'The Mummy') was clear the time the first trailer played during the Super Bowl, and by the time this one plays a Super Bowl, you'll see the coolest characters and visuals you can imagine, and beyond-state-of-the-art equipment," Sommers said. "I wouldn't have jumped into this just because of the Hasbro-Transformers tie. Remember, 'Pirates of the Caribbean' was a big hit, but 'Haunted Mansion' not so much."

"My experience with beloved properties is that characters, attitude and tone are even more important than plot," di Bonaventura said. "Paramount showed a great deal of confidence in Stephen's take, and our ability as producers to get this up and running for a February start. His passion for the characters and the world convinced the studio this was something they couldn't resist."

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Just a day after a rumor that George Clooney would star iN GI JOE we have more potential casting news. Variety is reporting that Australian actor Sam Worthington is in talks to star in GI JOE. Paramount is currently negotiating with Fox to make sure Worthington is done shooting James Cameron's AVATAR by JOE's planned February start date. It's unclear if the Clooney rumor is old news and Worthington would instead be playing Duke but consider the Worthington news more solid than the Clooney rumor. Worthington was seen on some Australia soaps and starred in the upcoming crocodile thriller ROGUE. Stuart Beattie (another Aussie) just recently finished script revisions that combined two existing GI JOE scripts. Stephen Sommers (THE MUMMY) is set to direct for Paramount whether Clooney, Worthington or Scatman Crothers is starring.

Hope is lost. Faith is broken. A fire will rise..

Standaard

Sienna Miller Recruited for G.I. Joe

Sienna Miller is the first actor to enlist in Paramount Pictures' big-budget tentpole G.I. Joe, reports Variety.

The British actress will play the film's female lead, described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage.

Stephen Sommers directs the live-action film based on the Hasbro toys, comic book and TV series.

Paramount, which has set a mid-February start date, has slotted the film for an August 7, 2009, release.

The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers) is producing alongside Hasbro's Brian Goldner.

Bron: comingsoon.net
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

altijd mooie verschijning, maar veel verwacht ik niet van een G.I. Joe film... komop zeg, waar halen ze het toch vandaan, na transformers, een nieuwe turtles, nu deze... het lijkt wel een 80s toon revival.... binnenkort komen daar Captain Planet, Thundercats, en wat meer nog bij...

alhoewel het jeugdsentiment best weer zal bovenkomen, heb toch veel van die poppetjes en tanks gehad.. GO JOE
    Homer Simpson: Haha, look at this funny country...U R Gay!!

Austin Powers: That's Dr. Evil's cat...
    Vanessa: How can you tell?
    Austin Powers: I never forget a pussy...

PSN-id: King_Kendorjia

Standaard

EXCLUSIVE: Ray Park Cast as Snake Eyes in G.I. Joe Movie

I have just confirmed that Star Wars Episode 1 star Ray Park has been cast as Snake Eyes in Stephen Sommer’s big screen live-action adaptation of GI Joe.
    Snake Eyes is one of the original members of the GI Joe series. Hasbro has released over 30 figures of the character since his debut in 1982. Not much is known about the ninja master’s real identity, as it has remained classified throughout the series. The U.S. Army Sergeant First Class (E-7) is known for his stealth like movements and extensive knowledge of multiple forms of martial arts. Snake-Eyes is romantically involved with fellow G.I. Joe member Master Sergeant Shana M. O’Hara, a.k.a. Scarlett.
    Fans of the toyline, animated series and comic books have been worried about this live-action adaptation since story information began to leak. Hasbro had to publicly reassure fans. And things got worse when the first casting announcement revealed Sienna Miller (Stardust, Factory Girl) as (possibly) the Baroness, the exotic and evil sidekick of Destro. But I think everyone will agree that Ray Park is perfect for the role of Snake Eyes. Ray Park has been the fan favorite to take on the role, featured as a top placement on many fans dream cast listings. Park is best known for playing Darth Maul in Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace. Park also played Toad in the original X-Men film. This bit of casting gives me a lot more faith in this project.

Bron: slashfilm.com
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Na het zien van Transformers heb ik toch best vertrouwen in Paramount en Hasbro. Als ze G.I. Joe net zo goed weten te verfilmen als Transformers ben ik in ieder geval een tevreden man. Niets mis met een lekkere popcorn blockbuster op z'n tijd.

Ingredienten benodigd: Special effects, dikke soundtrack, actie en lekkere wijven. Met Sienna Miller als female lead zit het wel snor wat betreft lekkere wijven, nu de rest nog

Standaard

Quaid, Vosloo Board G.I. Joe

Dennis Quaid and Arnold Vosloo have joined director Stephen Sommers' G.I. Joe cast, according to Variety and IESB.net.

Quaid will play General Hawk, the grizzled team leader, and Arnold Vosloo will play Zartan, a mercenary who works with Destro and Cobra. The action-adventure, coming to theaters on August 7, 2009, is scheduled to shoot next month in Los Angeles.

The two join the previously-announced Channing Tatum (Duke), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) in the live-action feature.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura, who is coming off Transformers, is producing with Brian Goldner. Latter is the point person for Hasbro's venerable action figure line. Sommers and partner Bob Ducsay are also involved in producing capacities. Stuart Beattie wrote the most recent script draft.

Bron: comingsoon.net
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Meet Snake Eyes:

21 March 2008First Pics Of G.I. Joe's Snake Eyes
    Ray Park as the silent assassin
    Source: USA Today
    Poor old Ray Park. Whenever he appears in a really big movie – The Phantom Menace, Sleepy Hollow – it seems that he's not allowed to speak. Based on his performance in X-Men, some would say that's a good thing. But those people are just projecting their own issues and really need to look inside themselves and give their inner child a hug, our therapist says.

USA Today has the first images of Park as Snake Eyes in Stephen Sommers' G.I. Joe. For those unschooled in G.I. Joe lore, like us, Snake Eyes is a mute ninja commando who fights on the side of the good guys.

Click the image above for a hi-res version
    Sommers told USA Today, "He's the world's greatest ninja, but he's also next-generation. He's not afraid to use a sword one second, and a split-second later he's pulling out his Glock. His chief nemesis is arguably the world's other great ninja, Storm Shadow. The two grew up together, were blood brothers and now are mortal enemies"

Standaard

Cool! Net als Transformers (misschien nog wel meer) is G.I.Joe puur jeugdsentiment voor mij. GO JOE!
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Greetz, the Dude / Four-Star SafeTrader
    Last.fm | Filmlijst en -recensies | DVD Profiler

Standaard

Inderdaad, puur jeugdsentiment! En Snake Eyes is ook altijd één van mijn favorieten geweest...dus ik ben best blij dat dit de eerste pc is.
    Laatst aangepast door Peter Neefs : 21-03-2008 om 19:55

Standaard

Nog een foto:

- Sergio Leone

Registratie datum
    Jul 2005

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Cinemaniac Bekijk bericht
    Nog een foto:

Very nice, als dit een indicatie is voor de personages in de film dan komt het goed.

Standaard

Ze zijn inderdaad zeer trouw aan de tekenfilm-serie, dat beloofd wat voor de rest.

- Sergio Leone

Standaard

Ziet er goed uit! (Die laatste foto vooral dan he, haha)

maar ben benieuwd naar deze film

- Sergio Leone

Erwin_W

Standaard

Na het zien van die foto's ben ik een beetje bang dat het een soort 'Street Fighter / Jean Claude van Damme' film gaat worden.

Standaard

Dat voorzie ik ok.

Standaard

Ik had niet anders verwacht...ik bedoel kom op, G.I. Joe...
    M'n LE collectie gaat grotendeels in de verkoop, zoek je nog iets ? Check m'n verkoop topic of vraag maar raak :D

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door mercapto Bekijk bericht
    Ik had niet anders verwacht...ik bedoel kom op, G.I. Joe...
    Dat zei men eerst ook over Transformers. En die is imo behoorlijk goed uit de verf gekomen.

Moet eerlijk bekennen dat de foto's inderdaad wat weg hebben van Mortal Combat achtige shizzle, maar ik denk dat de film toch een stuk professioneler zal worden.

Regisseur = Sommers (van Helsing, Mummy franchise)
    Producer = Lorenzo Bonaventura (Transformers)
    Screenplay = Stuart Beattie (Collateral, 30 Days of Night, POTC)
    Productie = Paramount & Hassbro

Als je kijkt naar naar de mensen achter de schermen zou het eigenlijk wel goed moeten komen. Nu nog hopen dat de acteurs goed zijn gecast. Maak me wel een beetje zorgen over de aanwezigheid van Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock in de cast op IMDB, weliswaar als rumored, maar toch he.
    It's not the size of the man that counts in a fight, it's the size of fight in the man.

Standaard

Voor een "big guy" vindt ik hem nog behoorlijk goed acteren. Absoluut geen probleem mee
    "En dat is nu het leuke van films; iedereen heeft een eigen mening"

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Robintjuh Bekijk bericht

Pakken zien er echt niet uit.

Pagina 1 van 4 1234 LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten