Pagina 1 van 36 1234511 ... LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 886 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: Avatar

Standaard Avatar

James Cameron on His Next Four Projects

Source: UK Times November 3, 2005

With a Special Edition DVD of James Cameron's Titanic now in stores, the director talked to UK's The Times about his next four projects.

"I'm directing two movies back-to-back and I've got two more lined up after that," he says. "Two movies using the same techniques, the same 3-D digital-camera system, the same virtual production studio. They're big projects."

The newspaper says that the first will come out in the summer of 2007. The second in the summer of 2009. The first is likely to be Battle Angel, based on Yukito Kishiro's 12 popular Japanese graphic novels about a nymphette who morphs into an action heroine. The second film would be Project 880, while the third and fourth projects are unknown.

What is known, however, is that Cameron won't be making Terminator 4 or True Lies 2, says The Times about the rumors.

The UK Times

Thread titel aangepast van 'Project 880 | James Cameron' naar 'Avatar'
    'A thing of beauty, is a joy forever'

Standaard

James Cameron on Project 880

Source: BusinessWeek February 4, 2006

BusinessWeek has published a new article which talks about how James Cameron's upcoming Project 880 will have a game tie-in:

Holed up at his home in Santa Barbara, Calif., Cameron is working on the screenplay for Project 880, which he describes as "completely crazy, balls-out sci-fi." If it gets produced, it could be the first major Hollywood project that audiences will experience first as a multiplayer game on the Net, and only later on the silver screen.

Movies with game tie-ins have been around since the days of Atari (ATAR ), but the games usually follow the plot. With Project 880 (a working title), which is still at least two years off, gamers could be exploring Cameron's virtual world for weeks before they head for a theater to learn the story... "So much of literary sci-fi is about creating worlds that are rich and detailed and make sense at a social level," Cameron says. "We'll create a world for people and then later present a narrative in that world".

Check out the full article at the link below.

BusinessWeek

Standaard

James Cameron gaat ons zeker weer verassen !

Glorious Member
    Registratie datum
    Mar 2003

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door superman
    U bedoeld cremeren of veRRassen? :wink:
    "How inappropriate to call this planet Earth, when clearly it is Ocean." Arthur C. Clarke

Standaard

Oh shit James Cameron moet echt weer hard terugkomen en al die groentjes die waardeloze actie en sci-fi films maken tegenwoordig weer eens laten zien hoe het echt moet.

Bij Aint-It-Cool zeggen ze dat het trouwens hoogstwaarschijnlijk gaat om een droomproject gaat van Cameron genaamd Avatar.........zoek wat verder en je kan een scriptreview van jaren terug lezen.....de dingen die daar instaan als dat toch gemaakt word we're in for a treat.
    .....The Only Verdict Is Vengeance, A Vendetta.....

V (Hugo Weaving)- V For Vendetta

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door chimera01
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door superman
    U bedoeld cremeren of veRRassen? :wink:
    Dank u zeer voor de correctie

Standaard

Cameron Confirms Project 880 is Next

Source: Entertainment Weekly February 17, 2006

Titanic director James Cameron confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that he will first make the secretive Project 880 before moving on to Battle Angel, based on Yukito Kishiro's Japanese graphic novels.

"We've moved 'Project 880' into first position," Cameron said. "It's as classified as the Manhattan Project." Many believe it is actually a version of Avatar, the director's oft-rumored love story set against interplanetary war.

Cameron is ready to shoot "880" at 20th Century Fox - where he's also preparing Battle Angel. Neither film has been completely cast, but "880" is now slated for 2007 and "Angel" is targeted for 2009. "We couldn't do one unless we do both" says Cameron. "They use the same technology." Both projects will be shot in new High Definition 3-D.

Cameron adds that the release date years are still up in the air. "We don't want to get jammed up like on 'Titanic'... consensus has been we will serve no wine before its time."

Entertainment Weekly

Standaard

Het maakt me niet eens uit wat Cameron gaat maken, laat het alsjeblieft niet te lang duren!! Zelfs als die man het telefoonboek gaat verfilmen, wordt het nog goed. Iemand die uit Arnold Schwarzenegger compleet geloofwaardige acteerprestaties krijgt en 11 Oscars wint met een zinkende boot is mijn held!
    Mom? If you were in a German Scheiße movie, you'd... you'd tell me, right? - Eric Cartman
    You are entering a world of pain, my friend - Walter Sobchak

Standaard

James Cameron gaat een nieuw soort technologie gebruiken voor deze film en Battle Angel. Ik ben hier ook erg benieuwd naar 8)

Standaard

Cameron Confirms Project 880 is Avatar

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News March 1, 2006

Ain't-It-Cool-News got to chat with Titanic helmer James Cameron, who confirmed that Project 880 is indeed Avatar, a love story set against interplanetary war.

That film is targeted for a summer 2007 release, while Cameron's Battle Angel, based on Yukito Kishiro's Japanese graphic novels, is looking at a summer 2009 release. Here's a clip:

PROJECT 880 is AVATAR, or as he put it, "a retooled version of AVATAR"... Now he still doesn't know if it is going to be BATTLE ANGEL ALITA or AVATAR that comes next. You see deep within the N.S.A. like security of LIGHTSTORM, Jim has been constructing a Virtual Production Studio completely unlike anything anyone has ever seen before. Within that space are two separate teams concurrently prepping and getting ready to shoot back to back essentially over a 3 year span, BATTLE ANGEL ALITA and AVATAR.

Check out the full interview here!

Ain't-It-Cool-News

Standaard Script !

De script doet me een beetje denken aan Starship Troopers en het boeit me niet eigenlijk.

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...l&ct=clnk&cd=6

Standaard

Cameron Taps Weta Digital for Avatar

Source: Weta Digital August 3, 2006

Academy Award® winner Joe Letteri and Weta Digital have signed on to create visual effects, creatures and digital environments for James Cameron's much-anticipated and innovative new motion picture, Avatar.

"Weta has proven themselves a leader in visionary effects, especially in the area of performance capture based character animation, which is a big part of my new film," says writer/director James Cameron. Cameron continues "Along with their world-class capability comes a genuine passion to blaze new trails and to entertain a global audience with groundbreaking techniques. I'm really looking forward to the collaboration with Joe and his team."

Academy Award® winning producer Jon Landau adds "Weta has an incredible depth of creative talent that has continually proven their ability to create technological innovations that allow filmmakers to tell stories which could not otherwise be told. They have the unique ability to seamlessly integrate these technologies into the movie in ways that the audience never questions the reality of the cinematic presentation. We look forward to pushing Joe and his team even further down the road of photorealistic visual effects."

"'Avatar' tells a new kind of story in a world we've never seen before," says Weta Digital's Senior Visual Effects Supervisor, Joe Letteri. "It demands a whole new set of film-making techniques. Jim is known for that kind of originality, and we're excited to be doing this film with him." Weta will draw on the expertise it developed for such ground-breaking films as Peter Jackson's King Kong and "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy to bring Avatar to the screen.

Weta has previously collaborated with Fox on X-Men: The Last Stand and I, Robot. A full-service visual effects studio, Weta Digital Ltd. is located in Wellington, New Zealand.

Weta Digital

Standaard

Jeetje, het telefoonboek verfilmen. Da's natuurlijk wel een uitdaging. Bedenk me ineens, dat wordt dan wel een lange aftiteling.

8)

Standaard

Cameron's Avatar Pushed Back to 2009

Titanic director James Cameron talked to The Independent about his new feature, Avatar, which he says will now hit theaters the summer of 2009 (it was previously scheduled for summer 2008). Here are several clips from the interview:

"Avatar is a very ambitious sci-fi movie." The director's enthusiasm is evident in his voice. "It's a futuristic tale set on a planet 200 years hence. It's an old-fashioned jungle adventure with an environmental conscience. It aspires to a mythic level of storytelling."

"The film requires me to create an entirely new alien culture and language, and for that I want 'photo-real' CGI characters. Sophisticated enough 'performance-capture' animation technology is only coming on stream now. I've spent the last 14 months doing performance-capture work - the actor performs the character and then we animate it.

"I always want to find something mentally engaging. I'll spend many months completing the special effects on Avatar, and it will not be released until the summer of 2009. It's quite a challenge - and for that reason, I embrace it."

In Avatar, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture.

Click here to read the full interview.
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Dit verhaal is zo apart, dat niemand reageert Terwijl we hier te maken hebben met 1 van de beste regisseuren in SFX :Terminator 1-3,Titanic etc

Standaard

Ik vind het super dat de man er gewoon tijd voor neemt en niet maar iets afraffelt...

Heel nieuw soort/ras aliens met eigen taal etc.?? Laat maar komen!

Weer eens een origineel verhaal, da's wat anders dan de remake, sequel of prequeltrend....
    Send a maniac to catch a maniac...

Standaard

euh hoe zeer ik deze man ook bewonder, ik apprecieer toch meer een regisseur die af en toe ook eens daadwerkelijk een film uitbrengt, al zit er al eens een mindere tussen. 2009, komaan straks is het meteen ook zijn laatste film als het nog een paar keer wordt uitgesteld.

Standaard

James Cameron's "Avatar" Begins

James Cameron (Titanic) and 20th Century Fox are moving forward with the long-planned $200 million production of his 3-D sci-fi tentpole "Avatar," and are aiming for a summer 2009 release. The film pits a band of humans in a battle against a distant planet's indigenous population.

Cameron conceived the story for "Avatar" 11 years ago, but waited for the technology to catch up before fully immersing himself in the pic. "I've wanted to do it since then, but sort of shoved it in the back of a drawer," he told Daily Variety. Despite Cameron's "picking away" at the film for the last year and a half, Fox greenlit the film only this week.

Director will employ motion-capture CG techniques to seamlessly blend CGI with live-action footage and characters. The first part, which is the live-action production, is slated to begin in April in Los Angeles, with Peter Jackson's New Zealand effects shop Weta doing the major effects work.

Cameron is designing the creatures who make up the "humanoid indigenous alien species" that inhabit the planet. They are 10 feet tall and blue, with nocturnal vision, but resemble humans.

Principal photography will be in 3-D; Cameron hopes the digital cinema equipment needed to show 3-D pics in regular theaters will be pervasive enough by then to allow for a wide 3-D release. He said by summer 2009, there will be between 1,000 and 2,000 3-D screens in the U.S.

He added the 3-D experience was a way for Hollywood to keep drawing auds to theaters and away from the proliferation of digital platforms, adding 3-D "maintains that sense of showmanship and gives people something special. It's something that people can't have at home, can't watch on their laptop."

As he did on "Titanic," Cameron sought to cast largely unknown actors for his leads. Young Aussie actor Sam Worthington will play an ex-Marine who ends up leading the planet's indigenous species in battle against the human colonizers. In the lead female role, Zoe Saldana ("Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl") will play a local woman with whom Worthington's character falls in love.

With Fox eyeing "Avatar" as a potential franchise, both Worthington and Saldana have signed on for future installments.

Bron:WorstPreviews
    ‎Broodje Frikandel Speciaal

"I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Michael Biehn Joins Cameron's "Avatar"

After news came out that director James Cameron will return to helm the picture "Avatar," we are now receiving interesting casting news. Latino Review reports that Michael Biehn is about to join the production of the film. This is not much of a surprise, as Biehn has been a staple in many of the Cameron films, including; "The Abyss," "Aliens" and "The Terminator."

Biehn has kept himself busy waiting for his next Cameron film, taking roles in forgettable projects like "Clockstoppers," "The Art of War" and "Havoc." He also has a part in "Grindhouse," playing Sheriff Hague in Robert Rodriguez's "Planet Terror" part of the film. But then again, who doesn't have a part in that "Grindhouse?"

At this point Cameron has chosen the young Sam Worthington (Hart's War) and Zoe Saldana (The Terminal) to play the lead roles in the film. Both actors have signed on for possible future installments as well, as "Avatar" is conceived as a potential franchise.

The film will be Cameron's first feature film since "Titanic," which he made back in 1997. "Avatar" will begin principal photography in April of this year.

Bron:Worstpreviews
    ‎Broodje Frikandel Speciaal

Standaard

Michael Biehn beter kan niet !!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door comingsoon.net
    James Cameron Reveals Avatar Cast

James Cameron chatted with Ain't It Cool News on his way back from shooting three days of live action work in Kauai for Avatar. In the conversation, he confirmed more members of the cast:

WES STUDI, SIGOURNEY WEAVER (confirmed as Grace), Peter Mensah, Joel David Moore (fantastic in both HATCHET and SPIRAL) - I imagine him as being Hippy-esque (think ABYSS), C.C.H. Pounder (love her) and then last but not least... I believe it was Laz Alonso - looking at his filmography - that's the name that most fits with what I heard.

Cameron will now begin a stage of the production called Pre-Capture with stars Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana. You can read more on Cameron's comments here.

The sci-fi action-adventure comes to theaters in summer 2009. It is the story of a wounded ex-marine, thrust unwillingly into an effort to settle and exploit an exotic planet rich in bio-diversity, who eventually crosses over to lead the indigenous race in a battle for survival.
    Cameron en Sigourney Weaver werken weer samen na Aliens. Goed nieuws!
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Poster

Standaard

Ik ben benieuwd, gaat vast een sterke film worden.
    |Gekeken films (WhatIWatch) |
    "The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle." - Stanley Kubrick

Standaard

ben ook wel benieuwd naar deze film lijkt me wel weer iets waar ik zeker voor naar de bioscoop zou gaan james cameron maak zeer goede film's ondanks het soms wel even duurt tot het helemaal klaar is.

Pagina 1 van 36 1234511 ... LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten