Pagina 1 van 7 12345 ... LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 1 tot 25 van 169 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: The Prestige

Standaard The Prestige

Bale & Jackman to Battle in The Prestige

Source: The Hollywood Reporter September 30, 2005

Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are in talks to star in Touchstone Pictures' The Prestige, which will serve as Batman Begins helmer Christopher Nolan's next directorial outing, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Bale and Jackman will play rival magicians in turn-of-the-century London who battle each other for trade secrets. The rivalry is so intense that it turns them into murderers. The title refers to the residue left after a magician's successful trick.

The script is based on Christopher Priest's 1996 novel of the same name and was adapted by Nolan's brother, Jonathan. He wrote the short story on which Christopher's Nolan's breakout movie, Memento, was based on.

The movie will shoot in January with a budget around the $40 million range. Touchstone will distribute domestically, while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute internationally.

"Prestige" reteams Nolan with Batman Begins star Bale, who is currently shooting Rescue Dawn in Thailand for Werner Herzog. Jackman is shooting X-Men 3 and next appears in Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain.

The Hollywood Reporter
    'A thing of beauty, is a joy forever'

Standaard

David Bowie Joining Nolan's Prestige

Source: The Hollywood Reporter November 20, 2005

Rock star David Bowie (Labyrinth) is in talks to play inventor Nikola Tesla in The Prestige, a thriller from Batman Begins director Christopher Nolan, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale and Michael Caine also star in the story of rival magicians in early 20th century London. The Tesla character is based on the real-life Serbian-American who discovered the rotating magnetic field.

The script, on which Nolan is working, is based on Christopher Priest's 1996 novel and was adapted by Nolan's brother, Jonathan, who also wrote the short story on which Nolan's breakout movie, Memento, was based.

The movie is scheduled to shoot in January with a budget in the $40 million range, adds the trade. Disney will distribute the film domestically, and Warner Bros. internationally.

The Hollywood Reporter

Standaard

Klinkt interessant. Ben benieuwd naar de eerste beelden, maar mijn interesse is zeker gewekt.
    When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Alles over de nieuwste adventure spellen @ Adventure-Island.nl

Standaard

Nieuwe Nolan is altijd iets om naar uit te kijken. Met Bale en Jackman erbij wordt dit heel interessant
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Standaard

Johansson Joins Nolan's The Prestige

Source: Variety December 9, 2005

Scarlett Johansson has signed on for the lead female role in Christopher Nolan's The Prestige alongside Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine and David Bowie.

Variety says that the project is the actress' next film. Filming starts in January and continues through March in Los Angeles.

Bale and Jackman will play rival magicians in turn-of-the-century London who battle each other for trade secrets. The title refers to the residue left after a magician's successful trick.

The Walt Disney Co. will distribute the film domestically, while Warner Bros. will handle it internationally.

Johannson's upcoming films include Match Point, Borgia, Scoop, Amazon and The Nanny Diaries, as well as the just-announced Napoleon and Betsy.

Variety

Standaard

Leuk, dit is iets om naar uit te kijken.

Standaard

Wow een geweldige regisseur en een supercast!! Ben heel erg benieuwd
    .....The Only Verdict Is Vengeance, A Vendetta.....

V (Hugo Weaving)- V For Vendetta

Standaard

Christopher Nolan’s Magic Hour

Source: Empire Online December 10, 2005

After resurrecting a dead franchise with Batman Begins you might expect Christopher Nolan to want a break. But the British director is already on to his next project, The Prestige, a story of two warring magicians (played by Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman) in Victorian England. With a supporting cast that includes Michael Caine, David Bowie and now Scarlett Johansson this is quickly becoming one of the must-see movies for 2006. In an exclusive chat, Nolan revealed details of the project, which is going to be a, erm, well, we’ll let him explain.

I know you hear this from everybody, but it’s genuinely hard to categorise, which is what I love about it,” he says. “If it were contemporary I think you would probably call it a thriller. It has a lot of different elements going on. It verges on elements of the supernatural; it deals with a lot of real life history and so forth. But really it’s the story of a great rivalry. So there isn’t one good guy and one bad guy. Hugh and Christian represent very different aspects of what a magician would do to be successful when they were the biggest stars of stage and pre-screen. So there’s a lot of ambition in both of them but they’re also approaching how they do what they do very differently. Although you can’t really call that a genre. It’s a sort of noiry-thrillery-based-period-type-thing”.

It’s a project that the director has been wrestling with for several years. “It was brought to me by a producer called Valerie Dean about six years ago,” states Nolan. “She just handed me the book and said I think you’ll really respond to it and I did but I didn’t know what the hell to do with it. So I got my brother involved and over the last five years really we’ve figured out how to do it”.
    Despite the magical element don’t expect this to be Harry Potter with grown ups. This is a drama rather than an effects movie. “It’s definitely not a big effects movie. It’s much smaller than Batman. Compared to Batman it’s tiny. I think it has a lot of exciting things in it, but it’s much more contained, it’s much more claustrophobic”.

And now with the majority of the cast in place, shooting is just a short way off, which despite the London setting will take place largely in America. “We start shooting in January, “ says Nolan, “we’re a few weeks away. We’re doing a lot of it on stages – a lot of it is interiors – so we’re shooting most of it in LA and Colarado”.

Empire Online

Standaard

En de lijst met de acteurs wordt alsmaar impostanter: Andy Serkis (de man achter Gollum en King Kong) mag zich aan de cast toevoegen, als de assistent van Bowie.

Check it out!
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Jackman en Bowie heb ik nog niet echt een mening over, maar een samenwerking tussen Nolan, Bale, Johanssen en Caine...
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."

Standaard

De film word nog beter, deze week is aangekondigd dat Andy Serkis de assistent van David Bowie's Tesla gaat spelen .

-Christopher Nolan
    -Hugh Jackman
    -Christian Bale
    -Scarlett Johansson
    -Michael Caine
    -David Bowie
    -Andy Serkis

DAMN!
    .....The Only Verdict Is Vengeance, A Vendetta.....

V (Hugo Weaving)- V For Vendetta

Standaard

Dit moet toch wat op kunnen leveren, goede cast, regisseur die heeft laten zien dat hij wat kan, alleen nu nog een script die al dit talent kan ondersteunen.

Standaard

Ziet er erg goed uit!
    "When a forest grows too wild, a purging fire is inevitable and natural." | DVD's te koop | My Collection | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Ziet er zeker goed uit. Ben benieuwd naar de officiele trailer.

Standaard

Fantastisch.
    Batman!
    Wolverine!
    Carter!
    Gollum!
    Bowie!
    laatste DVD gekocht The Big Sleep, The Fisher King, Vertigo

Standaard

Damn wat vet.

Standaard

Dit lijkt mij wel een aardig filmpje.

Standaard

Dit ziet er wel interessant uit..
    "If a man can bridge the gap between life and death. I mean, if he can live on after he has died, then maybe he was a great man."
    ~James Dean

Standaard

Poster

Standaard

Wow die trekt wel de aandacht . Voel me plotseling erg slaperig :wink:.

Standaard

Spacey. Heb zin in deze film.
    "When a forest grows too wild, a purging fire is inevitable and natural." | DVD's te koop | My Collection | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Sneaker
    Wow die trekt wel de aandacht . Voel me plotseling erg slaperig :wink:.
    Zeg dat wel, ik vraag me af of iemand deze gaat ophangen - dan loop je toch de hele dag met hoofdpijn rond.
    Send a maniac to catch a maniac...

Standaard

ziet er erg goed uit, zowel de posters, de cast, de regiseur als het verhaal.
    All the animals come out at night
    Robert de Niro | Taxi Driver

My precious dvd collectie|Top20

Pagina 1 van 7 12345 ... LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten