Pagina 151 van 218 EersteEerste ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LaatsteLaatste
De resultaten 3.751 tot 3.775 van 5431 worden weergegeven.
    New: The Last Warning - MoC LE, Vampyr - MoC LE
    Coming ASAP: -

Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

My Dvd's & Blu Rays | WhatIWatch

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door TheGodfather Bekijk bericht
    Wages of Fear (Clouzot) op blu ray?
    Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932-2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship.

Standaard

Iemand nog wat aanbiedingen?

wow, dit topic is al ruim 200.000 keer bekeken door ons

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Coen P. Bekijk bericht
    Iemand nog wat aanbiedingen?

wow, dit topic is al ruim 200.000 keer bekeken door ons
    Een veel leukere zou zijn, hoeveel € heeft dit topic ons al gekost:razz:.

Voor de rest nergens meer leuke aanbiedingen gezien, zal wel wachten worden tot de christmassales in december.
    Burn down the disco
    Hang the blessed DJ
    Because the music that they constantly play
    It says nothing to me about my life

Standaard

Even schaamteloos spammen:

Iemand interesse in een gesealde Great Adapations box met 4 titels (zie voor details criterion website)

Ruil tegen andere Criterions of Masters of Cinema is ook bespreekbaar!

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door erwin van den heuvel Bekijk bericht
    Een veel leukere zou zijn, hoeveel € heeft dit topic ons al gekost:razz:.
    Dat wil ik niet weten

Voor de rest nergens meer leuke aanbiedingen gezien, zal wel wachten worden tot de christmassales in december.
    Hoop dat er mooie christmassales aankomen

Standaard

gisteren Missing binnengekregen. Vandaag FanFan in pre-order gezet, heb nu al zin om hem te gaan kijken.
    Misschien ben ik wel een gokjunkie en een leugenaar, maar ik heb hulp nodig. Kan ik misschien wat geld van je lenen?
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

Februari titels:

Synopsis

A group of bourgeois cosmopolitans are invited to a mansion for dinner and inexplicably find themselves unable to leave, in Luis Buñuel’s daring masterpiece The Exterminating Angel. Made just one year after his international sensation Viridiana, this is a furthering of Buñuel’s wicked takedown of the rituals and dependencies of the frivolous upper classes, full of eerie and hilarious absurdity.

Special Features
    • - SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET FEATURES:
    • - New, restored high-definition digital transfer
    • - The Last Script: Remembering Luis Buñuel, a 2008 documentary featuring Jean-Claude Carrière and Jean Luis Buñuel
    • - New interviews with filmmaker Arturo Ripstein and actress Silvia Pinal
    • - Theatrical trailer
    • - New and improved English subtitle translation
    • - PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by film scholar Marsha Kinder and a reprinted interview with Buñuel

Synopsis

Simon of the Desert is Luis Buñuel’s wicked and wild take on the life of devoted ascetic Saint Simeon Stylites, who waited atop a pillar surrounded by a barren landscape for six years, six months, and six days, in order to prove his devotion to God. Yet the devil, in the figure of the beautiful Silvia Pinal, huddles below, trying to tempt him down. A skeptic’s vision of human conviction, Buñuel’s short and sweet satire is one of the master filmmaker’s most renowned works of surrealism.

Special Features
    • - New, restored high-definition digital transfer
    • - A Mexican Buñuel (1995), 50-minute documentary by Emilio Maillé
    • - New interview with actress Silvia Pinal
    • - New and improved English subtitle translation
    • - PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Michael Wood and a reprinted interview with Buñuel

Synopsis

An unsung comic triumph from David Lean, Hobson’s Choice stars the legendary Charles Laughton as the harrumphing Henry Hobson, the owner of a boot shop in late-Victorian Northern England. With his haughty, independent daughter Maggie (Brenda De Banzie) decides to forge her own path, romantically and professionally, with the help of none other than Henry’ prized bootsmith Will (a splendid John Mills), father and daughter find themselves head-to-head in a fiery match of wills. Equally charming and caustic, Hobson’s Choice, adapted from Harold Brighouse’s famous play, is filled to the brim with great performances and elegant, inventive camera work.

Special Features
    • - New high-definition digital transfer—restoration by the BFI National Archive, funded by the David Lean Foundation and StudioCanal
    • - Audio commentary featuring film scholars Alain Silver and James Ursini, co-authors of David Lean and His Films
    • - The Hollywood Greats: Charles Laughton, a 1978 BBC documentary about the actor’s life and career, featuring interviews with his friends and colleagues
    • - Theatrical trailer
    • - PLUS: A new essay by critic Armond White

Synopsis

John Cassavetes’ directorial debut revolves around an interracial romance between Lelia (Lelia Goldoni), a light-skinned black woman living in New York City with her two brothers, and Tony (Anthony Ray), a white man. The relationship crumbles when Tony meets Lelia’s brother Hugh (Hugh Hurd), a talented dark-skinned jazz singer struggling to find work, and discovers the truth about Lelia’s racial heritage. Shot on location in Manhattan with a cast and crew made up primarily of amateurs, Cassavetes’ Shadows is a visionary work that is widely considered the forerunner of the independent film movement.

Special Features
    • - Restored high-definition digital transfer
    • - Video interviews with actress Lelia Goldoni and associate producer Seymour Cassel
    • - Rare silent 16 mm footage of John Cassavetes and Burt Lane’s acting workshop
    • - Restoration demonstration
    • - Stills gallery featuring rare behind-the-scenes production photos
    • - Trailer
    • - English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
    • - PLUS: Essays by Gary Giddins and John Cassavetes

Synopsis

The disintegration of a marriage is dissected in John Cassavetes’ searing Faces. Shot in high-contrast 16mm black and white, the film follows the futile attempts of captain of industry Richard (John Marley) and his wife, Maria (Lynn Carlin), to escape the anguish of their empty marriage in the arms of others. Featuring astonishingly powerful, nervy performances from Marley, Carlin, and Cassavetes regulars Gena Rowlands and Seymour Cassel, Faces confronts suburban alienation and the battle of the sexes with a brutal honesty and compassion rarely matched in cinema.

Special Features
    • - DISC ONE—THE FILM
    • - New restored high-definition digital transfer
    • - English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
    • - DISC TWO—THE SUPPLEMENTS
    • - Seventeen-minute alternate opening sequence, from an early edit of the film
    • - Cinéastes de notre temps (1968), an episode from the French television series dedicated to Cassavetes, featuring rare interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
    • - Making Faces, a 2004 documentary including interviews with actors Lynn Carlin, Seymour Cassel, Gena Rowlands, and director of photography Al Ruban
    • - Lighting and Shooting the Film, a short 2004 documentary Ruban explains how he and the crew achieved the distinct look of Faces
    • - PLUS: An essay by Stuart Klawans

Standaard

Simon of the Desert!! Woei! Cool, cool, cool.

Exterminating Angel komt ook direct. Wel jammer dat ik die niet zo lang geleden nog gekocht heb.
    Misschien ben ik wel een gokjunkie en een leugenaar, maar ik heb hulp nodig. Kan ik misschien wat geld van je lenen?
    Scorsese te ruil

Standaard

Inderdaad, hoe meer Bunuel hoe beter! Jammer dat er geen blu-ray aankondigingen bijzitten. Ik heb de BR's van "The Man Who Fell to Earth" en "Chungking Express" (met 2x een gratis t-shirt, woe!) in pre-order staan, maar die zijn helaas uitgesteld tot 16 december.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door wiljan Bekijk bericht
    Inderdaad, hoe meer Bunuel hoe beter! Jammer dat er geen blu-ray aankondigingen bijzitten. Ik heb de BR's van "The Man Who Fell to Earth" en "Chungking Express" (met 2x een gratis t-shirt, woe!) in pre-order staan, maar die zijn helaas uitgesteld tot 16 december.
    Gratis Tshirt? Waar?
    Burn down the disco
    Hang the blessed DJ
    Because the music that they constantly play
    It says nothing to me about my life

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Erwin vd H Bekijk bericht
    Gratis Tshirt? Waar?
    Bij Deepdiscount. Hij was in eerste instantie nog geldig voor de huidige 25%-sale, maar nu de releasedatum verzet is denk ik niet meer. Mijn order is nog niet geannulleerd, dus ik denk dat die nog wel doorkomt.

Standaard

Uit de nieuwsbrief:

Volgens het forum zou het Friends of Eddie Coyle moeten zijn.

Standaard

Hobson's Choice heb ik al op de David Lean-box, maar misschien zal ik deze versie ook wel aanschaffen. Die documentaire over Charles Laughton lijkt me interessant.
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Richard B. Bekijk bericht
    Uit de nieuwsbrief:

Volgens het forum zou het Friends of Eddie Coyle moeten zijn.
    de plot omschrijving klinkt wel interessant. Ben benieuwd...

Standaard

Het wordt hoog tijd dat ik me eens waag aan wat Criterion spul. De volgende twee zou ik heel graag willen bestellen maar heb geen CC.

The Red Balloon en The Documentaries of Louis Malle. Wie kan me helpen?

Standaard

hehe,

De docu's van Malle zijn van Eclipse (by Criterion) en Red Balloon is een uitgave van Janus films in samenwerking met Criterion. Geen die hard criterions dus

Standaard

Shadows en Faces ook in de heruitgave, de hele Cassavetes box wordf opnieuw gedaan dus...

Standaard

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...97&show=review

"Note
    : I tested the Criterion Blu-ray disc on my Region-B hardware and I can confirm that this is indeed a Region-A “locked” release which those of you with Region-B only equipment will not be able to playback"

Treurig word ik ervan. Zo prachtige film en niet afspeelbaar op mijn blu-ray speler. Misschien koop ik hem voor het hebben.

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Dai Bekijk bericht
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies...97&show=review

"Note
    : I tested the Criterion Blu-ray disc on my Region-B hardware and I can confirm that this is indeed a Region-A “locked” release which those of you with Region-B only equipment will not be able to playback"

Treurig word ik ervan. Zo prachtige film en niet afspeelbaar op mijn blu-ray speler. Misschien koop ik hem voor het hebben.
    Dat was al duidelijk toen ze eraan begonnen en het is natuurlijk erg logisch, maar het blijft jammer ja. De beste optie is volgens mij nog steeds om een BR drive in je, mits een vlotte, PC te zetten. Wat betreft deze film, Artifical Eye heeft een BR aangekondigd naar het schijnt, dus die zou je gewoon moeten kunnen kijken.

De gebruikte verpakking ziet er trouwens erg netjes uit, hoewel wel wat schadegevoelig. Ze nemen in ieder geval een stuk minder plek in dan reguliere keepcases en dat is altijd mooi meegenomen.
    Laatst aangepast door wiljan : 23-11-2008 om 08:42

Standaard

Ziet er goed uit idd.

Standaard

DVDBeaver Review - Lars von Triers Europa

DVDBeaver Review - Samuel Fullers White Dog

Beide DVDs zijn verzonden (door pacific, dus dat zal wel een tijdje duren... )
    "I grew up in the cinema, almost. Both my parents worked there. My life, my reading, everything about me revolves around the cinema. So for me, cinema is life, and vice versa."
    - Sergio Leone

Pagina 151 van 218 EersteEerste ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LaatsteLaatste

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten