De resultaten 1 tot 20 van 20 worden weergegeven.

Discussie: Uncharted the movie

Standaard Uncharted the movie

Je hebt natuurlijk de fantastische games Uncharted: Drake's Fortune & de pas uit gebrachte Uncharted : Among Thieves en dan nu komt er een verfilming. Ik kijk uit hoe deze klassieker verflimt zal worden (ik hoopte eigenlijk dat er eerst eens een MGS verfilmt zou worden) en heb op zich GEEN hoge verwachtingen als ik tot nu toe alle game movies heb gezien..met name ..Hitman en Max Payne ..te slecht voor worden..maar wie weet kan deze film eindelijk ook de game even naren..

A while back it was reported that Kyle Ward would be writing the script for the upcoming film adaptation of UNCHARTED, the action-adventure game for the PS3. Well now Latino Review is reporting that Ward is out, due to contractual obligations to finish other projects like HITMAN 2. Because lord knows we’re all clamoring for HITMAN 2.
    So who’s in? Allegedly that would be CONAN writing duo Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer will take over writing duties for UNCHARTED: DRAKE’S FORTUNE, and I have to admit, I am interested to see how one of the most cinematic games ever made will look being turned into an actual movie . Hopefully they’re able to do it justice, but as with any video game movie, the odds are stacked against it.
    The plot of the film is officially as follows:
    "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" follows fortune hunter Nathan Drake, who is a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake. Believing he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue, he embarks on a journey to find it. The search becomes competitive and dangerous when a rival hunter joins the fray mutated creatures begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.
    El Dorado ain’t exactly a prime example of originality in adventure movies, but I’m looking forward to the UNCHARTED take on it nonetheless.

Hope is lost. Faith is broken. A fire will rise..

Standaard

Omdat ik op het moment Drake's Fortune weer opnieuw aan het spelen ben, kom ik weer een beetje in de Uncharted stemming.

Heeft iemand een goed suggestie wie Nathan Drake zou kunnen spelen in de film? En de andere personages?

Standaard

Nolan North (die in de game de stem doet van Nathan Drake) stelde zelf voor om Hugh Jackman de hoofdrol te laten spelen....

Las op andere fora ook het idee om Bruce Campbell in de huid te laten kruipen van Sully....
    "All the money does is buy you the bed... it's getting out of it thats the problem" - Shane Black

Standaard

Goeie combi,iemand die als acteur de droge humor van Nate in picture kan brengen..

Standaard

Ja Hugh Jackman klinkt inderdaad wel goed. Bradley Cooper lijkt me ook wel wat. Al vind ik Hugh Jackman wel stoerder.
    The future is Blu

Standaard

Geen twijfel over mogelijk: Nathan Fillion is wat mij betreft de enige juiste keuze voor Drake.
    Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Standaard

Avonturenfilms blijven leuk en als deze film ook maar half zo goed wordt als de spellenreeks staat ons nog wat te wachten.
    The horror...the horror...

Standaard

Of misschien Nolan North zelf... Hij heeft wel de looks. Alleen kan hij waarschijnlijk niet acteren.

Standaard

We know that filmmaker David O. Russell ultimately decided to direct a movie based on Sony's bestselling UNCHARTED games, but it sounds like Nathan Fillion's public (and justified) campaign to play main character Nathan Drake might not come to fruition.
    Showbiz 411 says that Mark Wahlberg could be Russell's Drake, which honestly wouldn't be too surprising given their ongoing working relationship (THREE KINGS, I HEART HUCKABEES, THE FIGHTER). It would also be Wahlberg's second go at playing a videogame character (who could possibly forget MAX PAYNE?).
    But things get weird: the site claims that Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci could reunite yet again for the project. While De Niro would be perfect as the main character's cigar-chomping chum Sully, Pesci's potential part is a mystery.
    Showbiz 411 also makes the bizarre comment that "the story will have something to do with antiquities dealers in New York", which isn't remotely close to either game's story -- the first UNCHARTED follows fortune hunter Drake and spunky reporter Elena on a quest for El Dorado, the legendary city of gold. We've already heard that Russell is rewriting the previous draft from Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (CONAN, COWBOYS & ALIENS), but that would be a significant deviation from the solid story foundation of the game(s).
    But what's particularly amusing is the comment from the site's reporter Roger Friedman (who you may recall was previously fired from Fox News for reviewing a pirated copy of Fox's own X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE) about Russell's rewrite of the script: "Word is the actual video game didn’t have much there aside from a concept and a name."
    As the millions who've played the game can attest, it is actually perhaps the best example of a game written and presented like a big-budget Hollywood action blockbuster. So we should probably take the entire report with the standard prescription of Angelina Jolie's sleeper agent.
    Dont fuck up this movie..please...

Standaard

As excited as I was that someone like David O. Russell and not Brett Ratner was taking on an UNCHARTED movie, I really, really didn't want him to cast Mark Wahlberg, as I wanted Nathan Fillion to FINALLY get his due as a leading man. But I guess being a cult icon and star of a hit show isn't enough, and Wahlberg just has too much star power to ignore.
    In a recent interview with MTV, Wahlberg confirmed that he will be starring as wise-cracking Nathan Drake in the film, and he explains what O. Russell has in mind for the project.
    "David is one of the best writer/directors I've ever worked with," said Wahlberg. "The idea that he has is just insane. So hopefully we'll be making that movie this summer."
    As for the rumors Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci will be involved?
    "That's who he wants to write the parts for. I talked to Pesci about it and I know David's people have talked to [Robert De Niro]. I'm obviously in whatever David wants to do but the idea of it is so off the charts: De Niro being my father, Pesci being my uncle. It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure."
    These plot details mean that the movie will extend beyond the universe of the game, as Drake's family has not appeared in any of the installments so far.
    I just don't like Wahlberg for this part. Yes, he has muscles and "the look" but Drake needs to be someone with charm and charisma, and for all his talents, I don't think Wahlberg has been blessed with much of either. Maybe I'm alone here, but I think there were a host of better options available and O. Russell is just playing favorites.
    Ik had liever een ander hoofdrol persoon gehad. Mark heeft ook al Max Payne gespeeld, dat paste totaal beter bij hem,maar geen drake..

Standaard

Those rumors were true -- director David O. Russell is indeed reuniting with frequent collaborator Mark Wahlberg for the UNCHARTED movie, and they're planning to add family members that haven't been introduced in the game series.
    While the games involved leading man Nathan Drake hunting for El Dorado and scouring Asia for a mythical stone, Russell's approach to the feature adaptation is to include Drake's extended family "and put them in fraught, globetrotting situations with some of the world's most influential people," according to the LA Times.

"This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice," Russell said, seemingly ignoring everything about the games.
    "We'll have the family dynamic, which we've done in a couple of movies now," he said (obviously referring to his work with Wahlberg on THE FIGHTER and I HEART HUCKABEES). "And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That's a really cool idea to me."
    Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci are presumably still being pursued to play the hero's relatives in Russell's NATIONAL TREASURE: NATHAN DRAKE AND THE LAST CRUSADE.
    Ben er echt op tegen dat Mark deze rol gaat spelen; ook al in Max Payne. Kom met iets orginelers. Ben een fan van de game, dus ben nu al zeer "angstig" dat dit weer een tegenvallende game verfilming gaat worden.. Laat Steven hieraan mee werken please..

Standaard

"This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities ... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice."
    That's what director David O. Russell just recently told the LA Times about his plans for his movie adaptation of the popular UNCHARTED videogame franchise, leading its many fans to wonder why he... seemed to be ignoring nearly everything about the games. Coupled with reported involvement of Russell's three-time collaborator Mark Wahlberg starring as the hero (and worse, the director not even recognizing the name of fan-fave Nathan Fillion), followers/players of fortune hunter Nathan Drake have been left mystified and disappointed.
    But wait -- the game site Joystiq caught up with Justin Richmond, the director of the in-development console sequel UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION. Richmond seemed to refute the filmmaker's bizarre "family dynamic" angle, saying "First of all, all that stuff was denied by David O. Russell. He actually called us up and was like, 'I don't know what these guys are talking about.'"
    Hmmm. Now, Russell's supposed denial of his own statement to the game company seems spurious (especially since none of his public comments about the project have made it sound like he's even interested in the games), but Joystiq also claims that Wahlberg "isn't anywhere near to being confirmed to play Nathan Drake either -- it's just Hollywood scuttlebutt." Which also sounds fishy, considering the actor has been essentially confirming it himself that he'd be making it. And then there's that whole Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci thing...
    So what's going on here? Is it some kind of damage control to placate the game's makers and fanbase? Or is there just a huge disconnect between the developers at Naughty Dog and the people turning their property into a movie? Is the studio pumping the brakes because of fan backlash? Time will tell...

Ben zeer benieuwd welke kant dit op gaat. Met de start van Uncharted 3, hoop ik dat dit 1 van de betere game verfilimingen zal zijn, alsnog is er vrij weinig bekend.

Standaard

I'll be honest, I pretty much gave up on the idea that the UNCHARTED film adaptation could be good as soon as director David O. Russell played favorites and casted the decidedly un-Nathan Drake-like Mark Wahlberg in the titular role.
    But with all the Oscar buzz for THE FIGHTER, the man can attract a good cast, and now he's searching for his leading lady, Elena, for the film. Empire asked him if he'd consider reuniting with Amy Adams for the part.
    "Oh I would love that too, I love Amy. I also love Scarlett Johansson; there’s a lot of great actors I think might suit. Hopefully, we’ll see how it works out with everybody who are being scoped to do that role…"
    Well I'd say things aren't looking good for Amy when he immediately brings up Scarlett Johansson unprovoked. But how can she play this part? There's no married man to seduce!
    Do you think Johansson would make a good Elena?
    Lekker, alleen is de combinatie met Mark niet zo top..

Standaard

Sowieso is Mark niet zo top, hoop dat ze daar nog van afstappen.
    |Gekeken films (WhatIWatch) |
    "The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle." - Stanley Kubrick

Standaard

Citaat Oorspronkelijk gepost door Robintjuh Bekijk bericht
    Lekker, alleen is de combinatie met Mark niet zo top..
    Zowel Amy Adams als ScarJo zijn geen Elena's. Dan kunnen ze beter gewoon Emily Rose vragen die het personage heeft vertolkt in de games.

Standaard

Men probeert nu al erg lang een Uncharted filmproject van de grond te krijgen en tot voor kort zag het er dan ook uit dat dit probleemloos zou lukken. Meer zelfs, David O. Russell, regisseur van pareltjes als Three Kings en het recente The Fighter, zou de prent regisseren. Toen echter bekend werd dat Marck Wahlberg de rol van Nathan Drake op zich zou nemen en dat Russell en wel heel aparte visie op het Uncharted universum wilde tentoonspreiden, werden fans ongerust.

Zoals je hieronder kan lezen, wilde Russell een film maken over een misdaadfamilie die in kunst en antiek handelde, niet meteen wat je zou verwachten van een Uncharted film. Trouw blijven aan het plot van de eerste game zat er dus niet in, zeker niet met Robert De Niro en Joe Pesci in de ondersteunende rollen van vader en oom. Of het een goed idee was om het roer op dit vlak zo radicaal om te gooien, zullen we waarschijnlijk nooit weten. Russell is namelijk uit het project gestapt.

De Hollywood Trade Publication laat weten dat Russell de Uncharted film niet zal regisseren omwille van een creatief meningsverschil. Ja, dan kan je niet anders dan één plus één optellen en tot de conclusie komen dat Russells visie uiteindelijk toch niet in de smaak gevallen is. Al zullen we misschien nooit weten wat daar precies gebeurde. Wie de film nu zal regisseren en of de cast hetzelfde blijft, is nog niet duidelijk. Wordt dus ongetwijfeld vervolgd!

Quote:
    "a crime family that metes out justice in the world of art and antiquities ... They're like the Sopranos in some ways, but they have great taste, and they have a sense of justice."
    Is dit droomproject nu verloren...

Standaard

Erg goed nieuws dit. Laat ze maar eens trouw blijven aan het bronmateriaal. Misschien flopt een filmgame dan een keer niet.
    The horror...the horror...

Standaard

Inderdaad. Zeker bij een game die zo filmisch is als deze hoeven de makers weinig concessies te doen.
    If you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. And my straw reaches acrooooss the room and starts to drink your milkshake... I drink your milkshake!

Standaard

Ze moeten zeker de jungle setting en de Indiana Jones achtige sfeer erin houden. Nu maar hopen dat men dit project wel aandacht blijft geven.
    |Gekeken films (WhatIWatch) |
    "The screen is a magic medium. It has such power that it can retain interest as it conveys emotions and moods that no other art form can hope to tackle." - Stanley Kubrick

Standaard

Na een lange tijd weer een update:
    Most fans of the UNCHARTED videogame series were, in a word, elated when filmmaker David O. Russell recently departed the project, leaving behind his odd plans to transform the games' high-adventure into "a family that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice."

Now that director Neil Burger (out promoting the DVD release of his surprisingly excellent thriller LIMITLESS) is involved, can we expect something more in step with the Nathan Drake that gamers know and love and control?

So far, Burger is saying all the right things, starting with not acknowledging Russell's script: "Mainly we’re beginning from scratch and going back to the videogame," he tells Crave. "It’s really one of the most cinematic videogames, and one that has really developed characters. So, you know, there’s a lot of cool, really intense things that, if they work for the film’s story, I want to use them."

Encouragingly, Burger doesn't seem to be blowing smoke: "THE BOURNE IDENTITY isn’t your father’s Cold War movie and this is a very different kind of [modern] treasure hunt movie. It’s very real and it has kind of an insane, wild feeling that comes out of the character; Nate being this con man and a bit of a hustler, living by his wits,ballsy and capable of anything."

You won't be seeing Mark Wahlberg in the part now, but Burger (also known for THE ILLUSIONIST and the under-appreciated indie INTERVIEW WITH THE ASSASSIN) is also aware of the fan clamor for Nathan Fillion in the role, which the filmmaker noncommittally addresses: "Where we are right now is that we’re literally starting from scratch on the screenplay, and I think that once we finish it, then we’ll go to actors and see who’s available and who’s right for the parts. Whenever that happens.
    Ik heb weer vertrouwen. Deception komt in November uit, en ik hoop dat het de hoge kwaliteit van deel 3 als game kan evenaren in een ware film beleving. Ach dat hoopte ik ook van Max Payne, & anders blijft het maar bij de games.

Instellingen bij het plaatsen van berichten